Full course description
**UW employees can pay via p-card or by emailing email@example.com with a request for departmental billing.
This workshop reviews best-practices for building Excel formulas and examines a range of useful functions. Topics include:
- Getting started with formulas (understanding formula syntax)
- Best-practices for building efficient, dynamic formulas
- When to use relative vs absolute (locked) cell addresses
- Common functions
- Using the function library
- Cross-worksheet formulas
- Common mistakes and error messages
Please note that this course is designed for those with minimal to moderate formula experience and is not an advanced formula-writing class. For intermediate-advanced training, see our Excel Research Skills (online), VLOOKUP, and IF classes.
Date/Time: Mar.10, 9:00-11:00 AM (mountain) plus a 30-minute optional but recommended practice exercise immediately following class
Location: via Zoom (a meeting link will be provided after enrollment)
Instructor: Alec Muthig, UWIT Training
- Send questions regarding this course to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make sure to connect at least 5 minutes before the class is scheduled to begin.
- Workshop fees are non-refundable (unless the class is cancelled by UWIT Training).