Full course description
This research-oriented online course provides over three hours of video demonstration, as well as practice files, so that you can learn to more efficiently collect, analyze, visualize, present, and publish your data using Microsoft Excel.
Specific topics include:
- Essential Excel functionality
- Data preparation
- Special cell addresses & ranges
- Research formulas, functions, and named ranges
- Catgorizing data using VLOOKUP
- IF functions for variable calculations
- PivotTables for summary analysis of research data
- Presenting data tables in PowerPoint
- Data visualizations
- Using charts in presentations
- Exporting high-quality charts for publication
- Captioning figures in a manuscript
- Statistical analysis add-ins
- Identifying outliers
- And more!
Pre-requisites: An understanding of basic Excel functionality is recommended prior to starting this intermediate+ level course.
Instructor: Alec Muthig